Trial..and Error

I had the opportunity to taste the new Doritos Locos Taco from Taco Bell, and while I am partial to the delicious pulled pork tacos from 3BROS, I did my best to base my opinion upon my love of the bell alone. I can sum it up in one word...gimmick. All of my expectations led to disappointment as I took that first bite. The shell delivered on the orange finger phenomenon that results from consuming Doritos, but when it came to taste, I would have been better off adding crumbled chips as a topping. Believe me, I would have considered developing a Doritos taco shell to hold my BBQ taco contents as a test run, but if this is the best that a juggernaut like Taco Bell can offer, there is very little that I can see to warrant a venture down that road.

No comments:

Post a Comment