Hot Damn That Is Some Lamb

The Easters are over, and I am sad to say that with the exception of some exceptional rack that my brother made, I did not get nearly enough lamb. For the most part, I regard holiday meals with a hearty "meh," including those prepared by my very talented mother. I can live without Thanksgiving turkey forever, I hate lasagna, and baked ham reminds me of Don Ho. However, there are two exceptions to this rule. One is the Christmas Eve feast of the seven fishes. Admittedly, I don't adhere to the seven fish thing and it is usually an excuse to gorge on my favorite seafood delicacies. The other exception to holiday food boredom is lamb. Studded with garlic and Parmesan like my mother makes it, whole roasted like my Greek friends prepare or anyway it comes to me, I love the gamey rustic flavor of it. This year I didn't get enough, struck down with a stomach flu, I was forced to observe as the holiday roast was slowly consumed over the course of the week. I didn't even get any for Greek Easter. Good thing about not caring about holiday meals though, I think I will declare this weekend "Joe's Easter" and prepare a leg of lamb for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment